Deepak Foundation was initiated in 1982 with a vision of providing healthcare facilities to the families of workers and local communities residing in the industrial area of Nandesari. The Foundation has progressed over the period into a leading non-profit civil society. With a Pan-India presence, it has branch offices in Pune, Roha, Palghar and Aurangabad in Maharashtra, Hyderabad in Telengana, Dumri, Arki, Kuchai and Madhuban in Jharkhand, and New Delhi.
Creating a socially inclusive and sustainable environment among the underprivileged communities by providing services in the area of healthcare, education, skills building & livelihood, and disability & special needs. We envisage a world free of distress, disease, deprivation, exploitation and subjugation, ensuring the overall well-being of the family, society and community. The overall goal of Foundation is to empower women by providing healthcare and livelihood opportunities in order to improve maternal and child health, reduce poverty and build capacity in the areas of public health and livelihood promotion, and provide an inclusive environment for children with special needs.
Deepak Foundation, has therefore taken the initiative to complement the efforts of the Government in the fight against COVID-19 through an array of relief measures and preventive as well as curative services. The Foundation has been actively providing relief services in over 11 districts across 4 States since the mandatory lockdown came into effect on March 25, 2020.
With the private clinics being closed down and public facilities burdened with COVID-19 screenings and treatment , the Mobile Health units are reaching out to the rural and tribal communities through primary curative services as well as creating awareness on COVID-19 preventive measures through demonstrations on hand washing, adequate social distancing and educating communities on COVID care health facilities. The Help Desk functional at the district hospital of Vadodara provides counselling to nearly 40 patients per day coming to the emergency ward of the hospital. In Jharkhand, two of the hospitals that are managed by the Foundation have been designated as COVID Care facilities by the Government of Jharkhand. The outcomes of the key relief measures are:
- 20,000 gloves supply facilitated to the Gujarat Medical Service Corporation and 10,000 latex gloves provided to Narmada district administration to mitigate supply shortage in public health delivery system
- 5828 beneficiaries provided with primary curative services
- 5000 beneficiaries being reached out through tele-helpdesk survey
- 2955 masks prepared by SHG women trained by the Foundation earning total income of Rs.25760 during the lockdown
- 2380 masks, 264 protective suits provided to the COVID-19 warriors (health functionaries), 300 PPE provided to K G P Children Hospital, Vadodara
- 1255 vulnerable population such as migrants, truckers, senior citizen provided with hot cooked meals in Vadodara and Panchmahal district, Gujarat
- 807 families supported through dry ration kits & hygiene supplies in Bharuch & Chhota Udepur district of Gujarat
- 250 beneficiaries provided with masks through Mobile Health Units
- Screening of cases through COVID Madat – telemedicine services in Pune, Maharashtra
The Foundation shall continue with its relief measure to support the community & the Govt. in overcoming the COVID-19 crises by facilitating essential supplies and health services.
Our relief work comprise of hygiene kits, dry ration distribution,Health & Welfare and Livelihoods related support. Alongside these efforts, our team is ensuring that proper information and advisories reach the most vulnerable populations. We intend to extend stitching training to self help groups pan India and make them self reliant.
To support Deepak foundation with its relief initiatives, please write to us.
#selfhelpgroup #togetherwecan #StaySafe #coronavirus #livelihoodmatters #SocialDistancing
The double layered, reusable, washable masks are available for bulk orders too.
Please Contact: Surendra, LH Officer (7620120565)
529113 lac beneficiaries p.a | 40 districts | 5 states
Public Health & Clinical Services
Skills building & livelihood
Disability & Special Needs
The learnings from Deepak Foundation’s work on anaemia control has been instrumental in the design of Govt. of Gujarat’s Integrated Nutrition Project
I congratulate the excellent work of Deepak Foundation’s team where they organized health awareness campaigns with ASHA and VSHC workers
I strongly feel that the holistic PPP models developed by Deepak Foundation deserve to be disseminated widely in the various fora of Government, FICCI or CII for adoption by other philanthropic corporate houses.
Deepak Foundation’s work in orientation of self-help groups and good cattle care practices have brought about a substantial change in the socio-economic status of the rural women in Kheda district