To improve the school readiness among children by improving their developmental profile to help optimal learning when they start school.
- Undertaking and regularizing the pre-school education sessions by trained ECE counselor as per the well-designed, planned modules of the Government.
- Undertaking activities focused on 10 School Readiness Indicators ( Figure 1)
- Provision of age appropriate developmental educational material and toys
- Uniform distribution to inculcate a sense of discipline among the children
- Infrastructure refurbishment to provide conducive environment for ECE
A pre-post survey was conducted to assess School Readiness among 700 children aged 4-6 years, across five distinct but interconnected domains:
- Physical well-being and motor development;
- Social and emotional development;
- Approach to learning;
- Language development;
- Cognitive development and general knowledge
The tool used for the survey was adapted from “Mari Vikas Yatra”, ICDS Gujarat, DWCD Gujarat, UNICEF” & “School Readiness Instrument (SRI),” developed by The World Bank India, adapted by CECED, Delhi.
- About 800 children aged 3-6 years had received education sessions every month through 444 sessions conducted by the Counsellors.
- School readiness measured has been improved from 45.1% (Pre-Survey) to 86.7% (Post-Survey) among 700 children aged 4-6 years.