Education is the basic fundamental right of every child. As a civil society, we envisage on addressing gaps in education system with respect to rural areas. These programs include replicable interventions for broader age spectrum.
To improve the school readiness among children by improving their developmental profile to help optimal learning when they start school.
- Undertaking and regularizing the pre-school education sessions by trained ECE counselor as per the well-designed, planned modules of the Government.
- Undertaking activities focused on 10 School Readiness Indicators ( Figure 1)
- Provision of age appropriate developmental educational material and toys
- Uniform distribution to inculcate a sense of discipline among the children
- Infrastructure refurbishment to provide conducive environment for ECE
A pre-post survey was conducted to assess School Readiness among 700 children aged 4-6 years, across five distinct but interconnected domains:
- Physical well-being and motor development;
- Social and emotional development;
- Approach to learning;
- Language development;
- Cognitive development and general knowledge
The tool used for the survey was adapted from “Mari Vikas Yatra”, ICDS Gujarat, DWCD Gujarat, UNICEF” & “School Readiness Instrument (SRI),” developed by The World Bank India, adapted by CECED, Delhi.
- About 800 children aged 3-6 years had received education sessions every month through 444 sessions conducted by the Counsellors.
- School readiness measured has been improved from 45.1% (Pre-Survey) to 86.7% (Post-Survey) among 700 children aged 4-6 years.