Deepak Medical Foundation hospital was set up in 1982 to provide medical and health care facilities to community in and around Nandesari Industrial area. It is registered under Company Act 1956. It started with a small mother and child clinic, which later developed into a full-fledged 20 bedded multispecialty hospital. The hospital is recognized by Government of Gujarat for providing services under the “Chiranjeevi Yojana” and “Balsakha schemes”.
Provision of quality multi-specialty health services to local community in sustainable manner
Objectives of the project:
- To increase in utilization of quality multi-specialty health services.
- To increase in utilization of diagnostic and pharmacy services
- Integrated Counselling and Testing Centre (ICTC) in partnership with Gujarat State AIDS Society (GSACS).
- New-born Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for special care and treatment to the premature and high risk neonates.
- General surgeon, Gynaecologist and Paediatrician.
- Dental Care and Ophthalmic Care services.
- Laboratory investigation.
- A fully equipped pharmacy centre.
- The local community now receives multi-speciality Out-Patient Department (OPD) and In-Patient Department (IPD) services along with diagnostic and pharmacy services at a very nominal rate keeping in mind the vulnerable status of the population in the area.
- Obstetric and gynecological OPD and IPD services
- Testing and counseling to all the patients as part of ICTC.
- Pediatric OPD and IPD and treatment for severely malnourished (SMN) children.
- Services under Chiranjeevi and Balsakha yojana.
- Laboratory as well as pharmacy services.
- Dental care services
- General Surgeon OPD on weekly basis conducted and minor surgeries.
- Annual checkup of beneficiaries to ICDS scheme
- Stakeholder meetings on quarterly basis
- Subsidized Health Benefit card distributed in the community for further subsidized services.
- Promotional programs organized by team members in surrounding villages.
Field based OPDs conducted for provision of general care and specialized care
DMF has provided integrated platform and imparted various health services covering a total of 13000 patients from the local community. More than 14000 patients availed subsidized services of laboratory and pharmacy.